Skip to main content

Jokes + Present Continuous

1

The police are looking for a man with one eye called Smith.

What’s his other eye called?

2

Tell the passengers that I have both good news and bad news for them.

What’s the good news?

We are flying in perfect weather and we are making excellent time.

And what’s the bad news?

We’re lost.

3

Is that your nose or are you just eating a banana?

4

It is Paul’s first day at his new school.

Excuse me, young man, but are you chewing gum?

No, sir. I’m Paul Welsh.

5

Two sisters are in bed together.

Are you asleep?

I’m not telling you.

6

Come out of the water. Swimming is not allowed here.

But I’m not swimming, officer. I’m drowning.

7

What is the difference between a post box and an elephant?

I don’t know.

Well, I’m not giving you this letter to post!

8

A small boy is standing next to an escalator. He is looking at the handrail.

Is there something wrong? Asks a shop assistant.

No. I’m just waiting for my chewing gum to come back.

9

A man is having a meal in a restaurant.

Waiter, this meat is very tough. What is it?

The problem isn’t the meat, sir. You’re trying to eat the plate.

10

Why is your cat looking at me?

Probably because you’re using its bowl.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jokes + Past Simple

1 When I was a student I lived with a farmer and his wife. The first day I was there, one of the chickens died and we had chicken soup for dinner. The second day a sheep died and we had lamb chops. The following day a duck died and we had roast duck. The next day the farmer died, so I decided to leave. 2 At a show a very strong man squeezed an orange hard and then shouted to the audience: “I will give $30 to the person who can get any more juice out of this orange.” Three very big men tried but none of them could get any more juice out of the orange. Then a thin, old man picked it up. When he squeezed it, five drops of juice dripped from it. The three big men were amazed and asked the old man: “How did you do that?” I worked as a tax inspector. 3 You’re wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger. I know. I married the wrong man. 4 Do you know how my grandmother stopped my grandfather biting his fingernails? She smashed his false teeth. 5 Mum, Aunt