Skip to main content

The Fastest Animal

The world’s fastest four-legged animal is not, as many people think, a gazelle. It is the cheetah. There is no animal in the world that can run nearly as fast over short distances. People have timed it at 103 feet per second, but it can do more than that.

Many authorities say that the cheetah can run along at 80 miles per hour, which is about as fast as the fastest train.

The cheetah, sometimes called the hunting leopard, lives in Africa and Southern Asia. The Indians use it for chasing the Indian antelope and other fast games.

And which is the most dangerous animal in the world? It is very difficult to say.

A bull may be very dangerous if you are not careful. A man-eating tiger is certainly not a house cat.

But what do we mean by dangerous? By dangerous we mean an animal that is very strong and always aggressive. A bull will attack you only if you make him very angry. However, there is one animal, which is the strongest and most aggressive of all. He is the black buffalo of South Africa.

The black buffalo is always aggressive. He will attack almost anything and the only thing is to get out of the way quickly. The buffalo has killed more hunters than any other animal in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jokes + Past Simple

1 When I was a student I lived with a farmer and his wife. The first day I was there, one of the chickens died and we had chicken soup for dinner. The second day a sheep died and we had lamb chops. The following day a duck died and we had roast duck. The next day the farmer died, so I decided to leave. 2 At a show a very strong man squeezed an orange hard and then shouted to the audience: “I will give $30 to the person who can get any more juice out of this orange.” Three very big men tried but none of them could get any more juice out of the orange. Then a thin, old man picked it up. When he squeezed it, five drops of juice dripped from it. The three big men were amazed and asked the old man: “How did you do that?” I worked as a tax inspector. 3 You’re wearing your wedding ring on the wrong finger. I know. I married the wrong man. 4 Do you know how my grandmother stopped my grandfather biting his fingernails? She smashed his false teeth. 5 Mum, Aunt

Jokes + Present Continuous

1 The police are looking for a man with one eye called Smith. What’s his other eye called? 2 Tell the passengers that I have both good news and bad news for them. What’s the good news? We are flying in perfect weather and we are making excellent time. And what’s the bad news? We’re lost. 3 Is that your nose or are you just eating a banana? 4 It is Paul’s first day at his new school. Excuse me, young man, but are you chewing gum? No, sir. I’m Paul Welsh. 5 Two sisters are in bed together. Are you asleep? I’m not telling you. 6 Come out of the water. Swimming is not allowed here. But I’m not swimming, officer. I’m drowning. 7 What is the difference between a post box and an elephant? I don’t know. Well, I’m not giving you this letter to post! 8 A small boy is standing next to an escalator. He is looking at the handrail. Is there something wrong? Asks a shop assistant. No. I’m just waiting for my chewing gum to come back. 9 A man is having a meal in a restaurant. Waiter